Monday, June 26, 2017

Ode to my Apala

Tales of hinterland 
Of one man-a layman
Abandoned to end
By burdened mom
He got nothing
But a rope of hope
Upon which he gripped a guru's holy feet
From errand boy
to
Cowboy
Babysitted many eminent children
Which were once a
prerequisite
to get the teachings from the guru
From blowing trumpet to
Reading Buddhist texts
Masterd the Astrology
To become people's guardian
I, your eldest son
Have lots to learn from your ocean depth wisdom
I, your trusted son
Have lots to learn from your
Grounded simplicity and kindness
I, your brother like son
Have lots to learn from your
Harmonious humour
May you live long and healthy
I shall live within the radar of your words.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY APALA

No comments:

Post a Comment

An ODYSSEY : Bhutan and her salient features

An ODYSSEY : Bhutan and her salient features : Bhutan is a small and beautiful ea...